• Study in New Zealand

    Future-proof yourself

  • Study in New Zealand

    Enhance your skills

  • Study in New Zealand

    Be work-ready

The Application Process

How do I apply for a student visa?

When you decide to push thru with your plans to study in NZ, we will send you a Checklist of Documents required by the School and Immigration New Zealand.

For the school, we will need the following to secure your Offer of Place Letter:

  1. Curriculum Vitae
  2. Passport
  3. Diploma
  4. Transcript of Records
  5. Proof of English test results
    • Academic IELTS
    • Pearson Test of English
  6. Certificate of Employment (if applicable)

When we have the Offer of Place and you have completed all the other documents in the Checklist, we will lodge your application for a Student Visa with Immigration New Zealand. This will be done by us online.

How long does it take to get my visa approved?

We should give an allowance of two to three months.

When do classes start?

Schools have several intake dates. Some have twice a year, February and July. Others have four or quarterly, January, April, July and September.

How much funds do I need?

You must have enough funds to cover the full Tuition, Resource and other fees of the School plus Insurance. Immigration NZ will also require proof that you can support yourself while you are studying. The Cost of Living required is NZ$1250 per month of study. If your programme is for one year, you will need to have at least NZ$15,000.

Do I need to get medical insurance?​

Yes, all international students are required to have medical insurance. The Schools usually provide this. This covers you from the time you leave your country until the end of your programme. You can provide your own insurance if you wish. We can also assist you to secure a travel and medical insurance.

Woohoo! My student visa is approved!!!

What do I need to bring?

  • We have four seasons in NZ, bring the appropriate clothes that you can interchange during the year. For the latest in weather forecast, check: AccuWeather or MetService.We have a saying here, “If you don’t like the weather, just wait 5 minutes.”
  • Your medications, prescriptions, extra eyeglasses/contact lenses and medical records.
  • While most of the schools will have computers that you can use, it’s still better to BYOD, Bring Your Own Device, so you can study and do research off campus.
  • Don’t forget your charger and an adapter. We use angled two or three pin plugs. Don’t worry if you forget, we’ll give you one.
  • Food! Customs have very strict regulations on what food items can be brought in.
  • Bring your Passport, the e-visa issued by INZ, original copies of your Birth Certificate, Marriage Contract (if applicable), Diploma, Transcript of Records, Certificates of Employment, Endorsements, Training and Seminar Certificates, Driver’s Licence, Police Clearances and other relevant documents you may need when you apply for work.
  • Your sports gear! Kiwis are very active people. We love the outdoors, sports and leading an active lifestyle. Explore your new home! Enjoy your passion! Learn a new hobby! Be active!

Where will I stay?

While you are still in your home country, we will already look for possible accommodations for you. This can be homestay, where you live with a Kiwi family; flatting, where you share the house with other people; or rent your own unit/house.


When we look for accommodations for you, we take into consideration your budget, safety, cleanliness and proximity to your school and amenities.

Can I drive in NZ?

Yes, you can drive in NZ if you have a valid Licence issued by your home country. Your Licence is valid for a maximum period of 12 months from the time you arrive in NZ. We suggest you familiarize yourself with NZ driving rules and regulations.

We can also refer you to qualified driving instructors if you are a beginner or simply want a refresher course on how it is to drive on the left side of the road.

Who will fetch me at the airport?

After you clear Customs, turn left when you exit. We will be there to meet you. From the airport, we will bring you to your accommodations.

How much money should I bring?

There is no restriction on how much foreign currency you can bring in to NZ. If you are carrying more that NZ$10,000 in cash, you will need to declare it and complete a Border Cash Report.

I am now in New Zealand!

Can I work while I'm a student?

As a student you are allowed to work part time up to 20 hours a week. During your term breaks and summer, you can work as many hours as possible. To look for part time work, check out:

I still don't have a car. How can I go to my school, workplace and other places?

There are several options that are available and convenient. You can take the Bus, Train, Ferry, Taxi, Uber or bike to go around the City:

I'm done with my studies, what now?

After you finish your qualifications, you can apply to work full time in NZ.  Effective 12th May 2022, INZ has a new Open Post Study Work Visa policy.

We will explain this when you call us.

In case of emergency, who can I call?

The number to call is 111.  You can call this number on a mobile phone even if your phone is out of credit.

154 Chivalry Road, Glenfield, Auckland, New Zealand 0629


+64 21 029 21599